An opportunity has arisen for the position of Secretary of Castle Eden Golf Club.
Castle Eden Golf Club was established in 1922 and is a private members’ club that continues to invest in maintaining and improving the quality of both the mature parkland course and the Clubhouse and keeping them to the high standards demanded by today’s golfers.
The Secretary is a leading figure within the club and is expected to manage the day-to-day affairs of the club (except for the golf course), reporting to the General Committee through the Chairman. He/She should support sub-committee chairmen in their specific areas of responsibility where requested to do so.
- Will be accountable for the effective operational management of the club.
- Ensure club always delivers the highest standards of service to meet the ever-changing demands of our members and visitors (within approved budgetary guidelines).
- Be involved with the Recruitment and oversee the performance management and motivation of clubhouse employees.
- Ensure the club administration is efficient and effective, and is compliant with all legal requirements.
- Deliver and execute the business plan as instructed by the General Committee.
- Hours of work are variable to a minimum of 30/35 worked over Monday to Sunday flexible hours according to the Rota which may change from time to time.
Personal & Professional Experience
- Ability to be a clear communicator at all levels.
- Be able to work without supervision, a self-starter, able to challenge but also to hold the Club line.
- A good leader, inspirational and motivator of employees.
- Be clear and concise in communication with others.
- Ability and experience in managing budgets and the finances of a similar organisation.
- Service driven with a strong commercial capability.
- Be able to build trust and engagement across the Membership, Suppliers, Societies, Corporates and other Associations.
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally with a Club like Castle Eden.
- Clear experience of people and budget management in a senior position.
- Computer literate and up to date with technologies employed in running today’s Golf Club.
- Work as necessary to discharge the responsibilities of the role which may involve working outside office hours.
- Receive and deal with complaints and as necessary refer them to the General Committee.
- Ensure that all necessary licenses to sell intoxicating liquor are maintained and apply for any extensions as required and work closely with the Bar/Clubhouse Manager. Postholder will be the person named on the liquor licence.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory legislation.
- Travel may be required throughout the UK to attend meetings on behalf of the Club.
- Remuneration to be advised.
To download further information on the post-holder’s duties (PDF), click here
For more information and to discuss applying for this position, please contact Jimmy Cammock, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 07909 867 329