An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and highly motivated head greenkeeper to lead the greenkeeping team at Morpeth Golf Club.
The Northumberland club, with its 18-hole course, has more than 700 members and a reputation for excellent playing conditions. Designed by Harry Vardon in 1906, the parkland layout has produced many county players and professionals and continues to welcome county events and professional tournaments annually.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, with a minimum of five years’ experience at a club or clubs known for high quality standards – either as a head greenkeeper or deputy head greenkeeper.
For more information and to discuss applying for this position, please contact general manager Julia Davidson, email email@example.com
Essential requirements: Technical
• High level of greenkeeping and agronomy skills
• Integrated turf management practices – a good knowledge of fertilisers, seeding, irrigation and soil moisture control and the ability to implement work programmes
• Machinery – highly competent in the use of a wide variety of machinery and experience of machinery maintenance and procurement
• Health & safety – knowledge of relevant legislation and compliance
• Computerised irrigation systems – experience and understanding of the operation of a computerised irrigation system
Essential requirements: Management
• Proven team leader – ability to manage and motivate a small team of green staff, setting daily/weekly operational work programmes and monitoring performance
• Attention to detail – to present the course to the highest standard, while maintaining a natural approach, and installing this culture in the wider team
• Budget management – preparation and management of annual operational budgets
• Programme management – to prepare/manage work programmes, improvement projects and targets, and produce timely reports
• Work together with the general manager, secretary and the board of directors, defining strategies and major projects
• Level 3 and 4 qualifications in turf management or equivalent
• PA1, PA2, and PA6 spray qualifications
• First aid at work certificate
• Full driving licence
• Chainsaw certificates (desirable)
• Good IT skills
This is a full-time position and includes weekend work on a rota basis. Flexibility is required and often essential to meet the needs of the business. A very competitive salary is on offer for the right candidate with the relevant knowledge and experience. The package also includes BIGGA membership, and support with career development, further education and training.